Saturday, November 28, 2009

Are you Ready for a Teaser?!

Hello!

Hope everyone had a super fantastic beautiful Thanksgiving! We had an ARMY of people over, and the day was great! We spent yesterday recovering in the quiet and solitude and eating yummy leftovers! LOL It was a great day.

Today I have a very special sneak peak of one of the adorable new sets being released by MFT this Wednesday at 10pm EST! :)

Check out these ADORABLE doggies! :)



For this card, I cut out a bone shape from off-white cardstock, inked up the edges to make it look more "bone-like," and attached it to a slightly larger Kraft background bone that I also cut out. Then I just kind of embellished away! :)

I added a "collar" detail with another piece of Kraft cardstock and added "studs" with black eyelets. Then I attached a nice big bow with a cute little "dog tag" I made. To make the dog tag, I cut a large circle out of red cardstock and attached a tiny circle to the back of it, with just a smidge of the smaller circle sticking out from behind the back. I stamped my sentiment (heh heh!) on a smaller Kraft circle and attached it to the tag, before adding a black eyelet. Then I just tied it to the bow! Here's a close-up of the bow detail:

.

And here's a close-up of these two sweet love-puppies! :)



I colored the dogs with Copic markers and added accents of Glossy Accents.

Supplies:
Stamps: Love at First Sight, by MFT, MFT's Twisted Sentiments
Papers: "Whip Cream" Cardstock by MFT, Kraft Cardstock, Red Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Papertrey Ink's White
Inks: Memento Brown, Colorbox Taupe, Versamagic Brown, Memento Black
Accessories: Circle Punches, Black Eyelets by Making Memories, Pop Dots, Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, Brown Grosgrain Ribbon, Red Striped Ribbon, Red and White Buttons by MFT

Do you have a knack for Kraft? This week, the fabulous Bar and I are hosting the Guest Designer Challenge over in the MFT Forum at SCS. The challenge is to use Kraft to craft up something wonderful! We'd love if you joined us -- the entire January new release, and the chance to post teasers with the Design Team is up for grabs -- that's QUITE the prize! There's also a whole bunch of fun ladies sitting around waiting to chat it up with you! :) Why don't you come join us?! :)

Now, head on over to Kim's Blog to see what the rest of the team has been creating with this fun set!!! :)

Have a great day!

15 comments:

Julie Dinn said...

Very Cute Kathy! I love the bone shaped card and the sentiment is just perfect!

Barbara said...

Totally adorable, Kathy!! Love that bone-shaped card!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh Kathy, this is just TOO CUTE!!!!

Kim said...

Love your card Kathy!!! Too cute!

Melody said...

I just love how you use such creative shapes! This is just so cute!

Amy Sheffer said...

How fabulous is this?!?!? Girl, you ROCK!!

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE your bone-shaped card, Kathy!! Super-duper cute!

scubasubie said...

OMG how cute! I have so many dog-lover friends that that card would be perfect for.

raduse said...

Oh Kathy, this is just too freakin cute!!!!

StampOwl said...

super cute card Kathy ... cute bone

Lisa H. said...

wow! loved this on SCS and had to come here to see it again! LOVE all the details you added, it's just perfect!

Chris said...

Your shaped cards always rock! this is no exception, I love the dog bone

Kelli said...

I'm a dork...yes I know, but I actually for the FIRST time realised this hua hua is blushing NOT howling! LMAO OMGOSH!!!

I LOVE your shaped cards and this one is AWESOME!!!!

Christina Fischer said...

ACK!!!! This is totally fantastic, Kathy!!! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh, wow! This card is so so cute! I love the bone shape!!! Too fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails