Wednesday, November 4, 2009

*Clearly* The Coolest Hop Around

Okay, I'll stop with the plays on words now... ;)

WELCOME to the November new release MFT Blog Hop! If you're arriving here from the very special Melody Rupple's Blog (who has some very exciting news to share, by the way), you're all set! Otherwise, you should start from the beginning at Kim's blog and check out all the eye candy along the way! Hidden along the way is some blog candy for you too, so it's totally worth your while!

As promised, I'm back with pictures of my other project that I made for this week's HTDT Tutorial in the MFT forum on SCS. In case you missed my earlier blog post today, the tutorial is on using your MFT clear stamps to stamp on acetate! I have some hints and tips to share as well as two fun projects that you can make with step-by-step instructions! So if you haven't yet, head on over there as soon as you're done hopping! :)

Tonight I want to share with you a super fun way to send someone a greeting! Remember when you were a kid and there were those things that came in magic kits that had a picture that would miraculously turn to color when you pulled on the tab? I feel like no one knows what I'm talking about, but I'm sure as soon as you see my card, it'll jog your memory. Magic cards are so fun (and surprisingly not that hard) to put together!

Here's the card:


And here's this baby in action!
   

When you slide the tab up, Flopsey immediately appears in front of you in full color! And when you slide it back down, he returns to the original, paler version on himself. Abracadabra! Presto Change-o! Cool, right?

The slider tab also comes completely out of the card, if you want to display it as two pieces...



or you can slide the whole slider piece into the front part of the card, to always display Flopsey in his full-color glory!



Remember, there are full instructions over at the tutorial, so you can make one of these yourself! So try it out! I'd love to see what you come up with!

I wanted to show you one more thing before I go...a close-up of my blinged-out letters for the card front:



My goal was to make the letters look like they were lit up by Christmas lights. I colored in each empty hole with brightly-colored Copic Spicas. Then I topped each one off with a dab of Glossy Accents. I think they make pretty good Christmas lights, eh? :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Tree Trimming Flopsey and Bling 'bet by MFT
Papers: Acetate, Papertrey Ink's White, DP by My Mind's Eye, Bazzill Bling for Card Base
Inks: VersaMagic Magenta, Memento Black, VersaMagic Chalk Ink
Accessories: Glossy Accents, Mounting Tape, Copic Markers, Chalks, Copic Spicas, Ribbon from my stash, Corduroy Button by Making Memories, Star Brad, Circle Punch, Large Metal Eyelet

Hope you've enjoyed this stop on the hop! Now head on over to Frances' fun blog and see what she's got up her sleeve! :)

Enjoy your evening! Thanks for stopping by!

39 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely awesome!!

Chelle said...

love the blinged out letters & magic card!

Barbara said...

Clearly an awesome project, Kathy! And, yes, they do look like Christmas lights! Very cool!

JenMarie said...

Oh how CUTE!!! The more bling the better!

Michele Boyer said...

That is VERY cool!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Merry & bright indeed!

Heather said...

Love the project!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome magic card, Kathy! Love the letters!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my gosh -- how fantastic is this?!?!? Awesome, Kathy! :)

Donna said...

I LOVE this magic card! the bright words are perfect!

StampOwl said...

fabulous card

Joy said...

this is adorable!

Lynn said...

So FUN! Love the bright colors!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great magic card! I love Flopsey too!

scrappintlc said...

This card is so stinking fabulous. I cannot wait to read the how'd they do that for this. Awesome.

Cindy Haffner said...

Kathy you rock!!

Dana White said...

WOW fantastic - I love all the new images!

Chris said...

you got the Christmas light effect just fine.

raduse said...

I so love this Kathy.

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

Great project! I'm gonna have to try this magic trick ;)

Michelle (mla1111) said...

I am amazed by your magic trick! This is fantastic...Fabulous! Love it!

Melody said...

Amazing Kathy! and just fabulous job on your tutorial. I will be giving it a try!

Mia said...

These are awesome! I love the colors you used!!!! I seriously can't wait to get my shop on this evening!!!! TFS! :-)

Christine said...

OMG! This card is TOO cool! I am definitely going to have to read through the tutorial and try this one out for myself! And I absolutely LOVE your blinged Christmas lights on your letters - great job!!!

JessicaK said...

Oooh, interactive card, so cool Kathy!

andrea m said...

so cute you have inspired me to make one of these too!

Laurie Marmon said...

this card is very cool. it's magic! :) love the color choices.

Tracey said...

This is awesome Kathy! I love this!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cool! love this type of card, and your bright colors are fabulous!

Peggy said...

What an awesome technique. I will have to try this one when I get my flopsey set!! Love your blinged letters! So Festive!

Mary said...

This card is so neat! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try it myself.

hugs
Mary

Mendi M said...

Love it! You did a great job!

bluepoohbear75 said...

Wow, great card. I love the pull out. Sooo cool. TFS.

Catherine said...

Fantastic! This is one of those cards that just stops you dead in your tracks and makes you say, "Ohhhhhhh"! It is so cool!!! And the letters look awesome - I can't wait to get mine (just ordered this AM). TFS!!!!

Amy said...

Cathy, what bright and cheery fun!

Darla said...

Cute card idea and thanks for the tutorial.

AShu93 said...

This is an awesome post. I loved the magic card first & then I saw how you made the lights, just terrific!

Teri said...

Too too adorable!!!

abc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails