Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

Hello everyone! :)

In case you didn't know, today is my dear mother's birthday! :) So it's already a super special day, to begin with. It also happens to be the day that MFT is rolling out the very first teasers of its all new, completely EXCLUSIVE line of adorable little girl images, Pure Innocence.

You guys are just going to DIE when you see all these cuties! I was the oddball out this time around and didn't fall over the second I saw them, but as soon as I started creating with them... man. Let me just tell you that you are not going to want to miss the teasers! This line is so so FUN! :)

Today I thought I'd share with you a card that I put together with this adorable little balloon girl. So, happy birthday, mom! Enjoy your card, internet-style! :)



Now let me tell you, just about everything that could have gone wrong with this card did. I picked out a beautiful green layer to go over the purple one. But once I got through sewing the layers together and making room for the ginormous bow, the layer wouldn't fit. I had already broken my sewing machine trying to sew the layers, so I didn't want to cut down the green layer and re-sew the edges. So it just got left off. Since I messed up my sewing machine mid-layer, one of the corners was sewn a little wonky, so I had to pop down some buttons in the corner to cover it up! Then I somehow managed to swipe my whole hand through the Glossy Accents on the girl before she had dried. So I had to carefully clean up that mess too! Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it! :) Luckily, it all worked out in the end! :)

Here's a close-up of this cutie-pie!



Supplies:
Stamps: MFT's My Balloon
Papers: MFT's Cream Perfect Paper Panels, Brown Cardstock, DP by My Mind's Eye
Inks: Memento Black
Accessories: Wide Purple Grosgrain ribbon, Pop Dots, Copic Markers, Chalks, Glossy Accents, Buttons by Papertrey Ink

If you get a chance, head on over to Kim's blog for more info on this awesome new line of stamps, and then go head over and see what the rest of the DT girls have been creating with it!

Amy
Melody
Cindy
Michele
Frances
Susan
Kirsten
Natalie
Jessie
Christina
Jody
Barbara
Joanne

(and hey, when you're all done with that, you should DEFINITELY pop over to my mom's blog and wish her a Happy Happy Birthday!) :)

Enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

So sweet, Kathy! I love your purple paper and the buttons!

Crystal said...

TOOOO CUTE Kathy!!! I love the purple and that gorgeous bow!

Crystal said...

TOOOO CUTE Kathy!!! I love the purple and that gorgeous bow!

Nettie said...

Don't let her kid you, this card is FLAWLESS and is the cutest Birthday card I ever got. The big bow is magnificent and your shading and coloring is outstanding! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes.

Love Mom

Chris said...

Happy birthday Kathy's Mom!!!!Yeah for you cause without you we wouldn't have Kathy.
I love the card, I love purple, I love big old bows and that little gal is adorable.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Maybe you should send her all the comments people will be leaving on your blog!

SUPER sweet card Kathy!!

Melody said...

Love the deep purple! She is SO cute!

Barbara said...

Love it, Kathy! That purple is gorgeous!!!

DoodleFactory said...

aw, that image is super sweet. Too bad the making of this card hit a few rough patches, but the end result is wonderful.

raduse said...

Too sweet. Your mom is really going to love it.

Amy Sheffer said...

Awwwww, how adorable! Love that ribbon!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Great card Kathy, sorry it was giving you such a hard time!

Lisa Petrella said...

Adorable card, Kathy! Gorgeous bow!! And I love that little girl image!! Super sweet!!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

what a perfectly fabulous card!! love it in every way!! I hope your mom had a wonderful birthday!

Tiff said...

I really hope this one wins!!!! It's soooooo pretty!

Winter said...

So sweet! I love that big bow! :)

Cath said...

Hey Kathy! Thanks for entering the Plum Crazy! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails