Monday, January 4, 2010

Sneaking by with a Sneak Peek...

Hello there!

Today I have a super special card to share with you. It's super special because it's a sneak peek of an *adorable* new stamp set being released by MFT this Wednesday!

Ok, let me get this out of the way. I am IN LOVE with this stamp. Kim confessed that the stamp was actually modeled after her daughter, Emma. I got to meet Emma and hang out with her at CHA in August. She is SUCH a doll. In the span of an afternoon of getting her a hot dog, getting her face painted, and playing with Bubber, she made me SURE that when I finally have a kid, I want a girl. No question. I had so much fun playing with her! :)

A small digression, but here is my favorite Emma story...

So at CHA, the food options were totally limited. They had lots of burger and fries type of food, but eating vegan was really hard, and eating healthy was pretty much impossible. The day before, I had had mixed veggies from a Chinese stand, and I was planning on having that again. But when I got there, they told me they were out of veggies. Bummer. All I could find to eat that wasn't potato chips and fries was a $2 orange. So I got it. I was eating it at the booth, and Emma said "Hey, is that an orange? I LOVE oranges." So I asked her if she wanted a piece (even though I was *starving* and totally didn't want to share!), and she said yes. So I gave her a piece and kept gobbling down the rest of my pathetic lunch. I'm just about to pop the last piece in my mouth when she looks longingly at it and says, "Hey, I wonder who's gonna get that last piece." I thought it was too adorable, so I had to give it to her. :) It makes me giggle every time I think about it. Gosh, do you think my biological clock is ticking or something?! :)

ANYHOW.

Back to the card. I usually color all my characters with brown hair, for some reason (maybe because I'm brunette), but to me, this one particular image will always be blonde like Emma. :)





Isn't that image SOOOOOO cute?!!!





To make this card, I hand-drew and cut out a cloud shape and card base from paper. I pierced holes in it and sewed with embroidery floss all along the edge of it. I popped on my image that I had paper pieced and colored with Copics and added a sentiment piece. I had some chipboard "tree" shapes lying around that I thought doubled nicely as clouds, so I added them after covering them with patterned paper. To finish it off, I tied on a bright yellow button-y bow.





I decided to finish the inside of my card, so I stamped the girl image again, along with part of the sentiment. Then I took another chipboard "tree" and traced around it with a black pen to make clouds. Remember when you were a kid swinging, and you totally thought you would get high enough to touch the clouds?! :)





Supplies:
Stamps: Start the Day with "Whee!" by MFT
Papers: Gina K White, DP by My Mind's Eye
Inks: Memento Black, Colorbox Cyan (for inking sentiment edges and clouds)
Accessories: Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Cream Embroidery Floss, Yellow Ribbons from my stash, Buttons by Oriental Trading Co. and MFT, Chipboard "Tree" Shapes

That's it from me today, but you can check out all the things the fabulous MFT Design Team has been up to with the new Pure Innocence girls today (Monday) by heading over to Kim's blog after 11 am EST.

Enjoy your day! :)

21 comments:

StampOwl said...

love the cloud shape of this one Kathy

texasjodylynn said...

Gorgeous card! I love the special shape and all the fun stitching and other fun details! Awesome!

Kerry J. said...

Kathy this is GORGEOUS!! Love it! I'm sad I won't get to see your MFT dt stuff for a while but hope we'll still see you around??

Erin Smetak said...

This is so cute, Kathy! And your story is so sweet!

Megan said...

Cute!!! I love how you cut her out. I also love the cloud shape!

Christina Fischer said...

Kathy, this is fabulous, inside and out!

Love the Emma story -- you two were so cute together!! :)

Steph K (booga3) said...

Just darling!! Love your Emma story, too!!

Kelli said...

LOL!! Aren't kids stinking funny... she had manners by not just saying "can I have that last piece?" :) LOVE 'EM!!!

Those shaped cards of yours I totally love and I think the idea of a tree becoming a cloud is awesome... yes, I DID swing high enough to reach the clouds!!!! :) what fun times!!!

Melody said...

I love the cloud shaped card, the stitching, all your great little details!

Kim said...

This is SO precious Kathy! And I LOL about your Em story. That is SO like her. But you gave her your last bite, and I'm sure that's whyyou're her favorite...

Sherrie said...

Oh what a fun shape! Love the clouds and the inside of your card is just adorable!

Lisa H. said...

ACK!!!! i love what you did with her. just too, too cute!!!

Julie Dinn said...

Love it Kathy! Great idea to use the cloud shape and your stitching id fabulous!

Barbara said...

Fabulous as always, Kathy! Love the cloud shaped card and all your little details!

katerfly said...

Kathy, I really love how you turned the card into an actual cloud. Especially love what you did inside the cloud card. Wonderful and inspiring. Thank you!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

That is super cute. Love how you added some of the images to the inside. Love that story about Emma too... so cute!

raduse said...

I love that cloud card!!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh goodness...this card just brought a big smile to my face...just outstanding!

Amy Sheffer said...

I absolutely ADORE what you've done with this, Kathy! The shape, all the stitching ... sigh ... wouldn't I just love to get inside your head! Your creativity is amazing!

Vanessa Middleton said...

This is one of the cutest cards I have EVER seen. I LOVE the cloud shaped card, the stitching and the papers. What you did with the stamp inside is also FANTASTIC!!! The Emma story was cute too. I have two sons and am pregnant with my third, hoping for a girl. Pink ones are so totally different ;)

AMIT said...

Your card is really good.

Advertising Network India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails